Article provided by: Newport Beach Recovery Center
When you decide to get help for alcohol addiction, you will need to determine whether to go to for alcohol outpatient treatment in Newport Beach or an inpatient program. While both can help you quit using and rebuild your life, the severity of your addiction, environmental triggers, among other factors, will play a key role in the program that best suits your needs. At Newport Beach Recovery Center, we provide second to none addiction treatment in Newport Beach. We can offer insights on the best rehab for you after an in-person, thorough assessment.
Benefits and Setbacks of Inpatient Vs. Outpatient Treatment for Persons with Alcohol Use Disorder
When considering between outpatient and inpatient programs in an addiction treatment center in Newport Beach, there are a number of things you need to keep in mind.
In inpatient or residential rehab, you stay at the facility for a period of time. Residential treatment programs usually have a team available round the clock to provide continuous accountability and support.
On the other hand, an outpatient program entails going for treatment at specified times of the week, while the rest of the time is spent at home while still attending to your other responsibilities. Outpatient and inpatient addiction treatment programs have their advantages and disadvantages as outlined below:
The actual length of stay in one of the top rehabilitation centers in Newport Beach will depend on your diagnosis, unique needs, insurance coverage, and budget.
- You solely focus on your recovery without external distractions and triggers.
- 24/7 supervision by qualified and experienced specialists. You will never be alone while fighting addiction.
- Intensive level of care provided.
- You will have support from peers who are also overcoming their addictions.
- You’ll have to make special arrangements for those you care for, including children and elderly family members.
- The environment is structured, meaning you'll need to follow the daily routine strictly.
- You don’t have the freedom to come and go as you wish.
- Inpatient programs can be expensive, and many insurers don’t cover the cost of treatment.
In an outpatient setting, you come and go for treatment in Newport Beach drug and alcohol rehabs.
- You can immediately apply everything you learn in rehab to your real life.
- You still get to take care of your responsibilities such as work, family, and school.
- It’s a more affordable treatment option and is covered by many insurance companies.
- Daily distractions can hinder you from focusing on your recovery.
- Access to care is limited compared to an inpatient program.
- You risk being in the same environment that caused you to use in the first place.
- You’ll still have access to the substance of use.
Holistic Addiction Treatment
At Newport Beach Recovery Center, we stand out from other Newport Beach rehabs because we believe in treating the whole individual—mind, body, and spirit. We have a team of experts to address your needs. They will target all the symptoms of alcohol abuse and help you develop coping skills to remain sober. Contact Newport Beach Recovery Center to speak with an accredited addiction treatment professional, and get the help you need for yourself or your loved one before it is too late: 1-855-316-8740.
We welcome your comments!
Care Beyond Your Expectations