6 Reasons to Consider Getting Dental Implants Rochester NY
If you are missing a tooth or teeth, you may want to consider getting a dental implant. With different options available, it’s hard to know where to start when you need a tooth repaired. With a dental implant, your tooth’s root is replaced with an artificial root system that will permanently attach to your replacement tooth. There are many advantages to getting dental implants Rochester NY as they introduce you to a worry-free, long term solution.
1. Protect Your Remaining Teeth with Dental Implants Rochester NY
Unlike other tooth replacement options, dental implants don’t require grinding or altering any other tooth to be inserted. This will keep your healthy teeth strong and your tooth structure natural.
2. Dental Implants Preserve Jaw Bone Integrity
A periodontist will permanently secure your dental implant into your jaw bone. This not only gives your new tooth a natural look and comfortable feel, but it also stimulates bone growth and prevents deterioration.
3. Tooth Implants Are a Good Alternative to Dentures
Unlike dental implants, dentures:
- need to be replaced every 7-15 years
- can have a different look and feel from your natural teeth
- give the wearer a fuller look
- often become loose, affecting speech and chewing
- can crack, breaking fully or even dislodge the teeth from the denture
Dental implants do not have these disadvantages.
4. Dental Implants Improve Function
Dental implants are a permanent fixture, once installed. Dentures, on the other hand, only stay in place by relying on muscle control and a small suction. This can cause them to become loose from simple activities, such as laughing or coughing. With a dental implant, you won’t have to worry about it becoming loose or dislodged. You can take comfort in knowing you can enjoy your activities to the fullest, including eating, smiling, and talking.
5. Tooth Implants Offer Versatility
The best things in life are never a one size fits all item. Fortunately, dental implants offer the versatility and flexibility that you may need. Once you decide to move forward with a dental implant, you will meet with your periodontist and discuss the treatment plan that best fits your needs. This can include:
- Single tooth replacement
- Replacement of several teeth
- Replacing all of your teeth
- Sinus Augmentation
- If your jaw bone has deteriorated, this process will strengthen your chances for a successful implant by raising the sinus floor and developing bone for the dental implant to be installed.
- Ridge Modification
- If there is a bone defect or not enough jaw bone to attach a dental implant, this process will augment (fill) any needed area with bone or a bone substitute under the gum.
6. Dental Implants Boost Confidence
Your dental implant will be as reliable and versatile as your natural teeth. This allows you to partake in your favorite activities without ever having to worry about your dental work slipping or falling out of place. You can go about your day with new confidence and will never have to hide your smile again.
Schedule a Consultation for Dental Implants Rochester NY
If you are considering dental implants and are wondering if this is the right fit for you, the best thing you can do is talk to a periodontist. You will be able to discuss your current oral health, as well as address any of your concerns and questions.
At Dental Implants & Periodontal Health of Rochester, we have an amazing team that cares beyond your expectations! If you are interested in learning more about dental implants or other services that we offer, please call us at 585.685.2005 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation.
Together, we will work to restore your oral health and give you back your smile, as well as a wonderful peace of mind!